Cetusan hati, ilham jiwa, luahan rasa, tarian jari, sulaman kata, tersebut cerita..

Monday, 27 February 2012

Progress - or the lack of it

I sooo wanted to blog about something that happened at work and want to keep it private. But I can't figure out a way to do so. Soooo I wouldn't write about it. What a shame because I have already typed it in another document and I just have to post it here. Well..

So let's just talk about something else, shall we? ;)

Let's talk about my progress.. which is not much. Mueh! I have been to the gym twice now. Didn't go over the weekend because I was away. And away means that I don't bother controlling what I eat. Huhuhuh! Bother lah but difficult to control. I was at my parents' place. How lah to control kan.. But then again, I am not planning to be on a strict diet regime anyway. I want to have a healthy living as opposed to short term weight loss program. I want to have a new lifestyle - which is a healthy lifestyle. I need to exercise, and look after what I eat but not to a point where I can't eat almost everything. It's about moderation in anything I do.

On the second day at the gym, I still didn't look for the trainer. I just ran on the treadmill, did the skiing thingy, did the bicycle thingy and a bit of leg exercise. No pain on the muscles as well. But I thought, if I exercise everyday, or almost everyday, I should burn something right? As opposed to doing nothing? So theoretically, I should lose something by November, right? Hahahahah.. jauh siot target!! I remember when I worked on losing my weight in university, it took me about 7 months before I could be happy with my achievement. Consistency is the key.

So today, my plan is to do a little longer on the treadmill. Kevin Zahri mentioned in his blog that he spends about an hour in the gym because anything more than that would not have much impact on the body. So, that's my plan. And that's what I learned as well. To lose weight, exercise about 40 minutes, 5 times a week. Of course we are not talking about Biggest Loser kind of competition lah. We are talking about changing lifestyle here. I am going to apply again what I have learned before. I would need to have variance to my exercise routine. Got to do some swimming as well now that I have figured out the closest pool that I can go to *jeling Put*. Muehehehehe! It doesn't matter if tuan rumah ada ke tak.

Besides exercising, I should start eating 6 times a day. 'Eating', not 'mentedarah'. That's something that I haven't got in motion yet. I have to start stocking up my fridge with healthy food and got to bring them to work since I spend 5 days a week at work. I need to ensure I have fruits for snacking in between meals. Itu yang payah. Got to remember to eat is difficult, boleh?? It's just the same as got to remember to drink. Got to make it a habit.

Another thing that I want to do is to get my photo when I was slim and put it on my desk in the office. It's a motivation for me. Been there, got to be there again.

So there you go. The plan.

Angah

1 comment:

aliyahaznin said...

Hahaha lepas swim letak je pengeras dlm mail box, any amount will do.