31st March 2012. It was our fifth anniversary. Alhamdulillah. We have passed the first five critical years. That's what people say. To me, we have passed the 'teething' years. We have passed the years where we tiptoed around each other, to ensure that we don't step on each other's foot. It doesn't mean that we don't step on each other's foot anymore. I still get hurt. I still hurt him. For as long as we live together, we would hurt each other. And love each other. But I have learned to live with his shortcomings. I am more tolerable now about it. Makan hati still ada. But lesser. I learned to be a wife yang diredhoi suami. Redho Allah ada dalam redho suami. Redho suami, redholah Allah. So kalau nak successful in this life and hereafter, belajarlah menjadi isteri yang diredhoi suami. Nak diredhoi dengan suami, I have to redho dengan suami. Confusing? Hahahaha.. It simply means that kalau aku redho dengan suami as in not picking up on little things with him, jangan asik membantah, jangan malas nak layan suami etc., suami akan redho dengan aku. Tu je.
I feel the rahmat from Allah melimpah bila aku mula redho dengan suami, kurang carik pasal, kurang membantah. Hahahahaha.. kaki bantah maaaa.. Bukan tak boleh bantah, tapi bila pikir kata hadis Rasulullah S.A.W that I quoted on the sidebar of this blog, I would rather masuk syurga than membantah kat dunia ni. It's not easy to obey si suami. Tu pasal reward dia besar. And I only learned about it after being married. Not that I want to discourage the unmarried ladies out there from being married. Kawen bila dah sampai jodoh! Kawen tu sunnah. Nabi tak ngaku umat kalau kita menolak sunnah dia. Dah kawen, taat pada suami selagi tidak melanggar hukum Allah. Payah, tapi untung. Nabi suruh buat benda wajib je.. tak stress on benda-banda sunat pun.. then patuh pada suami.. then masuklah syurga dari mana-mana pintu yang kita mahu. As we know tidak semudah itu nak masuk syurga kan? Hence tak semudah itulah nak patuh pada seorang manusia bernama suami.
Tahun kelima is actually one of the major milestones to us. But we didn't buy each other anything pun. Ehem. Complacent maybe? Entah. Busy nak lampos dengan hal duniawi pun ye gak. I should get something for him. And we planned to have dinner with my family that night in Melaka.
We went back to Melaka with my parents, my sisters and their families. Hari Sabtu tengahari dah sampai Melaka. We were told that Emak's brother, whom we called PokDe had a stroke a few days earlier. So we planned to visit him that night after maghrib before we went for dinner. He is Emak's eldest brother, the third of seven siblings. Emak is the fifth. Unfortunately, at about 6pm that night, Emak received a call that PokDe has passed away at about 5.30pm. Innalillahiwainnailaihirajiun. So with that, we had to cancel the dinner plan. This is another death yang mengajar aku jangan bertangguh bila nak buat sesuatu hatta nak melawat seseorang. You never know when is your time or the other's time, kan?
I have seen death before. My grandparents. My friends. But my mom's sibling is someone much closer in terms of the hierachy. I mean, this is my mom's brother, someone my mom grew up together. He was closed to my dad as well. They grew up in the same kampong. And my dad married his friend's sister. Something like that. Or probably my dad befriended my uncle to get close to my mom? Could be, isnt' it? He is (or was?) about my dad's age. Lagi terkesan. My cousins are our age. Lagi terkesan.
The sad thing about this death besides the lost, is that there's a family feud. It's too deep to share. I just hope that all of the are back together just like before.
Al-Fatihah untuk PokDe.
Angah
1 comment:
salam - aecoque
Post a Comment